Dental Care

Peroxide Mouth Rinse Against Oral Infections


There may be times when your dentist suggests that you use a peroxide mouth rinse to help kill some of the germ buildup in your mouth.

This doesn't mean that you rush out and buy a standard bottle of it and swish it around in your mouth.

This can damage your tooth enamel and cause other serious mouth problems.

In fact, a good idea can be to go and grab a bottle of hydrogen peroxide that is designed for oral rinsing.

What Actually Is Peroxide Mouth Rinse?

But what do we know about this item? Well to begin with, Hydrogen Peroxide is listed in the chemical formulation H2O2. While you may have put some of this material on an open wound in the past, it was a modified solution.

While individuals who are in an industrial setting can find the pure formula, what is commonly found on the market is a solution of only 3% H2O2. The remaining 97% is simple water.

In higher concentrations, we find that this liquid can cause structural damage to cells and result in an altering of the DNA. This is one of the reasons why the NJ Factsheet has this compound listed as a mutagen when it is available in its full strength concentration.

But don't let this chemical bother you. Unless you keep it in specific conditions, which include being away from both light and heat, you will end up with nothing more than oxygen and water.

The reason is that hydrogen peroxide is a very unstable compound. With all this in mind, you should understand that the hydrogen peroxide you find in stores is a very unsafe item to just pop in your mouth. In fact, you will find it is clearly marked as being for EXTERNAL USE ONLY. The makers warn you not to ingest it.

But there is a food grade product that you can buy and it comes in a variety of flavors. Such as clove, menthol and even cinnamon.

How to Use

When you use peroxide mouth rinse, it will react to the setup in a similar way that mouthwash does. In addition, by connecting with various parts of the mouth, you will begin to feel particles being removed from between your teeth in a manner that feels very similar to a carbonated drink.

Of course, this doesn't mean you can avoid flossing. You will still need to maintain proper oral hygiene even when you use this element.

With all this in mind, you might be wondering why people would still want to use this product in their mouth. The answer is simple. There is a possibility that this product can help to fight infections of the gum or even to keep cuts inside of the mouth from becoming too much of a problem.

In some cases, we find that individuals will take a cotton swab and place this item directly on the injured area. With an endless number of possibilities and uses, some dentists do recommend this product to their patients as an effective way to combat some oral infections.

Something else you might want to keep in mind that mouthwashes in general are relatively safe, but they do have the possibility of having some side effects in them. If you end up using them too often, you might find that there is a sense of burning in your gums and your cheeks, in more extreme cases you may feel this in your teeth.

The problem you will find is that most mouthwashes have an alcohol range from 18 - 26 percent. In addition to these problems mentioned, you may personally find there are other side effects that can plague you as well.

Before you begin any oral hygiene process, you should take the steps to speak to you dentist and understand your risks. By doing this, you decrease the chances of doing more damage to your mouth, such as sores and enamel loss.

Once you have discussed this information in depth with them, be sure you find a peroxide mouth rinse solution, created for that purpose. This way, you don't have to worry about some of the problems mentioned in this article. Just keep in mind the important information offered as well.

 

To the top of "Peroxide Mouth Rinse".







 

[?] Subscribe To This Site

XML RSS
follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines

Copyright©